Monday, June 27, 2011

Alfajor with Strawberries


And now I'm back! I browsed on my stock of food photos and chose this (btw, all photos in here are self-taken. I'll try to check on a watermarker software later. *wink*) Going back, I know most of us doesn't know much what Alfajor is, even I just heard of it from my cousin. This type of pastry has both Arabic and Spanish origins. It is basically 2 circle cookies baked to a crumbly consistency with most often, caramel filling. It is covered in confectioner's sugar or dipped in chocolate. In Spain, it is usually covered in coconut.

Here in the Philippines, I know one really good maker of Alfajores, Good Shepherds of Baguio City. I wish to make one myself though. I just thought Alfajor has a very plain flavor and since I went to Baguio - the only place here in the Philippines where strawberries are grown, I also had to take home some really fresh strawberries. When I got home, I thought of something good to use both Alfajor and strawberries for, then I thought why not have them both? So I did and just added a little condensed milk to fuse both flavors and it turned out really well, or should I say deliciously well. You can find online recipes if you wanna try doing it. It's best as a fancy afternoon snack or a dessert. Go get one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Tell me what do you think.)