Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Champorado (Chocolate Rice Porridge)

Mom's Champorado (Spanish: Champurrado)
And what's to beat the cold rainy weather with? I'd say a warm (because I don't like eating really hot food) bowl of a very chocolaty Champorado. This one here was made by Mom I guess months ago and I just happen to have kept a photo. See, I really should've made this blog a long time ago, Haha! Almost every Filipino kid had enjoyed a bowl or more of this very good merienda dish. It is usually boiled sticky rice with cocoa powder, sugar and milk. However, some - including my Mom, would add coco milk or gata and it just makes it more interesting and delicious. To balance it out, Tuyo or dried salted fish is served on the side for a very exciting palate experience.This really thick, chocolaty, creamy Champorado is definitely a Filipino favorite! I must say I'm craving as I type away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(Tell me what do you think.)